Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Graduation & Transfer FAQs

Use SHIFT+ENTER to open the menu (new window).
As mentioned above, to be eligible for this certificate, you must take 15 credits of Honors classes (including the IDH 2121 Honors Course) and have a minimum 3.5 GPA.  You MUST also fill out The Robert "Bob" Elmore Honors Institute Graduation Request & University Preference Form  which may be found on the Online Forms page. Deadlines are posted on the Forms page and on the form itself.
Yes, The Robert "Bob" Elmore Honors Institute certificate is important in terms of the transfer to other university honors colleges/programs, however it is important to note that honors colleges/programs at universities also consider your GPA, resume, service and academic records when reviewing your application for admission. At some universities, The Robert "Bob" Elmore Honors Institute certificate can also increase the amount of the scholarship funds you are awarded.
Yes, we are here to help you apply, but we need your cooperation in the following three ways. You must complete these steps in a timely manner and meet all BC and university deadlines. 
  1. You need to attend an Honors Transfer Scholarship Workshop in October/November prior to the year in which you plan to graduate.
  2. You need to apply to the universities where you are interested in transferring.
  3. You need to fill out and return the Graduation Request & University Preference Form. You should submit copies of your university application with this form.
It is important for you to realize that all universities use their scholarship money as recruitment money to attract students to their institutions. Therefore, whether you plan to enroll at the university of your choice in the Fall (August) Term or the Winter (January) Term, you must have your application completed by the spring deadline dates (usually Feb. 1 or March 1) of the year in which you complete your degree at BC. The scholarship money is awarded in April, May and June, depending on the internal process at each University. You can always notify the university of your choice that you will be entering mid-year and your scholarship will be held for you. However, it is very important that you realize that you cannot be awarded transfer scholarship money mid-year; it is assigned at the beginning of the year or once you begin attending the university. For this reason, students who are considering December graduation should research the scholarship opportunities and deadline dates with extra care for January enrollment at their universities of choice.