ACCUPLACER (CPT and CLM)
The ACCUPLACER (Classic)
is used for several purposes at Broward College. All sections of the ACCUPLACER (CPT & CLM) are untimed. The scaled score range for the subject tests is 20-120. All sections of the ACCUPLACER (Classic) are adaptive. This means that the questions are chosen for you on the basis of your answers to previous questions. This technique selects just the right questions for your ability level. Because the test works this way, you must answer every question in the order it is given. You can change your answer to a particular question before moving on to the next question, but you cannot leave a question out or come back to it later to change your answer. If you do not know the answer to a question, try to eliminate one or more of the choices. Then pick from the remaining choices. ACCUPLACER test scores expire after 2 years
if a student has never registered for the appropriate class corresponding to the specific subtest. Students must retest* on the ACCUPLACER.
*There is a fee for all retest attempts.
- The ACCUPLACER (CLM) is used at Broward College for higher level math course placement.
- The ACCUPLACER (CPT) is a state approved common placement test used in place of the PERT test on a case by case basis. Although, the PERT is still the College's primary placement test.
The ACCUPLACER (CLM)
consists of 1 test section; College Level Math. The average completion time is 1 1
hours. Students must score high enough on the PERT, CPT, ACT, or SAT to be eligible to take the CLM. See the Common Placement Test Table
for specific score ranges.
- College Level Math consists of 20 questions and includes the following content areas; Algebraic Operations, Solutions of Equations and Inequalities, Coordinate Geometry, Applications and Other Algebra Topics, Functions, and Trigonometry.
The ACCUPLACER (CPT) consists of 3 test sections; Reading Comprehension, Sentence Skills, and Elementary Algebra. The average completion time is 2 hours. ACCUPLACER (CPT) is only given on an approved basis. Students may not walk into a Testing Center and elect to take it. It is used primarily for students testing outside of Florida. Students testing for another institution may take the ACCUPLACER (CPT) with the approval of their home institution.
- Reading Comprehension consists of 20 questions and includes the following content areas; Identifying Main Ideas, Direct Statements and Secondary or Supporting Ideas, Inferences, and Applications.
- Sentence Skills consists of 20 questions and includes the following content areas; Recognizing Complete Sentences,
Coordination and Subordination, and Clear Sentence Logic.
- Elementary Algebra consists of 12 questions and includes the following content areas; Integers and Rational Numbers,
Algebraic Expressions, and Equations, Inequalities, and Word Problems.