The following guidelines must be adhered to before, during, or after taking a test administered by the Testing Center at Broward College (BC). These guidelines also apply to BC students taking tests at other institutions. Test takers MUST refrain from:
- Communicating with others, other than testing personnel, while taking a test, including giving or receiving assistance from other examinees.
- Removing or attempting to remove a test book, a test question, or a portion of a test in any way or format from the testing room.
- Circulating, reproducing, or otherwise obtaining advance access to test materials prior to, during, and after taking a test.
- Submitting another person's work as your own, this includes taking or attempting to take a test for another person.
- Falsifying information, forging signatures, and/or presenting false identification, or falsifying information on any of the following: official document, grade report, authorization letter, transcript, test scores or any other type of document.
- Using or possessing books, notes/papers of any kind, calculators, watches, mechanical pencils, earplugs, hats, headsets, rulers, listening or music devices (including Bluetooth), paging devices (beepers), cellular and smart phones, tablets, recording or photographic devices, and other aids, unless previously authorized.
- All beverages (including water bottles) and food items
- Briefcases, purses, handbags, backpacks, and bags of any kind
- Creating a disturbance or engaging in any disruptive behavior.
- Attempting to bribe a member of the Testing Center staff to obtain a copy of a test or test-related information.
- Attempting to tamper with a computer or any equipment in the Testing Center.
- Opening an unauthorized browser/window or application during a test administration. This includes visiting a non-authorized website.
- Refusing to adhere to instructions given by a Testing Center staff member.
- Failing to follow directions issued by a staff member of the Testing Center, including reading or working on a test or test section during a time not authorized.
- Tobacco or tobacco products (in any form), alcoholic beverages, illicit drugs, and any other substance, including e-cigarette devices and paraphernalia of any kind as per College Policy 6Hx2-7.21 – Broward College is a Tobacco Free Institution!
- Bringing firearms or weapons of any kind inside the Testing Center as per State and College Policy 6Hx2-5.38.
Individuals who exhibit any of the above mentioned behaviors will be subject to appropriate action as specified in the College's Code of Conduct of BC's Students' Rights and Responsibilities handbook. Incidents will be reported to the appropriate administrator at the College for review and to the department or agency that is associated with the testing program.
Please be advised, computer screens are monitored and testing sessions are video recorded via surveillance cameras. Other detection devices may also be used.
Approved by the BC Testing Council - 10/10/2017