Broward College Proud | Points of Pride Card 2013.pdf |
- Broward College is one of the top 10 community colleges in the nation according to the Washington D.C.-based Aspen Institute.
- The annual economic impact of Broward College is $1 billion. A student may see a return in future earnings of up to $6.20 for every dollar he or she spends on a Broward College degree.
- Broward College ranks fifth nationally among four-year institutions in awarding associate degrees, according to Community College Week. Broward College is ranked third in the U.S. in awarding associate degrees to minority students overall — fourth in African American graduates and sixth in Hispanic degree-holders.
- Nearly 1 million people have taken a class at Broward College — and more than 115,000 students from all walks of life have earned degrees — since the college opened in 1960.
- Broward College offers the most affordable higher education cost in South Florida.
- Twelve Broward College students — more than any college in the nation — have earned the prestigious Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship since it was first awarded in 2004.
- Broward College's 68,000 students choose from more than 100 bachelor's, associate's and certificate programs and classes offered in online, on-campus or blended formats
- Thirty-seven percent of Broward College’s student body was born outside of the United States. As of 2013, Broward College boasts a student body representing more than 175 countries.
- Broward College’s Seahawks women’s tennis team has won four of the college's seven national championships.