Broward College Proud | Points of Pride 2014
- Broward College offers the most affordable higher education cost in South Florida.
- Nearly 1 million people have taken a class at Broward College - and more than 120,000 students from all walks of life have earned degrees - since the college opened in 1960.
- Broward College ranks fifth nationally among four-year institutions in awarding associate degrees, according to Community College Week. Broward College is ranked third in the U.S. in awarding associate degrees to minority students overall — fourth in African American graduates and sixth in Hispanic degree-holders.
- The annual economic impact of Broward College is $1billion. A student may see a return in future earnings of up to $6.20 for every dollar he or she spends on a Broward College degree.
- Each year, 68,000 students choose 132 bachelor's, associate's and certificate programs and classes offered online and on-campus.
- Broward College boasts a student body representing more than 175 countries. Thirty-seven percent of Broward College's student body was born outside of the United States.
- Thirteen Broward College students have earned prestigious Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarships since 2004 - no other college has more.
- Broward College was awarded the largest grant in its history - $24.5 million - to lead a consortium including 12 other schools in developing and training future supply chain managers.