Assessment and Evaluation Plan Narrative:
A comprehensive assessment plan has been developed to monitor the implementation of various aspects of the QEP. The plan will provide formative and summative feedback to help the College measure attainment of the student learning outcomes and operational outcomes. The QEP has two overarching goals supported by student learning outcomes and operational outcomes.
Goal One and its student learning outcomes will be measured directly with assessments developed by the Critical Thinking Learning Society (CTLS) and faculty, the College’s general education assessment measures, and the California Critical Thinking Skills Test (CCTST) and indirectly by the Community College Survey of Student Engagement (CCSSE) and the Community College Faculty Survey of Student Engagement (CCFSSE). Goal Two and its operational outcomes will be measured directly by the faculty portfolio. The goal and outcomes will be indirectly measured through the following assessments:
- BC Faculty Critical Thinking Focus Survey;
- other surveys evaluating professional development opportunities;
- an analysis of the number of classes that incorporate critical thinking strategies;
- the number of faculty teaching those classes; and
- the number of students enrolled in the classes. Specific questions from CCSSE and CCFSSE will also serve as indirect measures.
Description of Assessment Tools: