Get a Behind-the-Scenes Look at Florida's Leadership
Competitive Edge is one of the most dynamic ways to see the inner workings of leadership. The program is highly selective, and uses the tenants of The Ellison Model to prepare students for 21st century leadership within the global marketplace as well as enhance student development as inclusive community builders. How to Participate
All participants must be nominated by faculty or administrative members. Once selected, you must:
- Submit letters of recommendation
- Go through committee interviews
- Demonstrate your leadership potential
What You Will Do
Engage in approximately 150 hours of Leadership education and practice.
- Complete three-credit leadership class IDS 2931 with Professor Barbra Nightingale in the fall term at South Campus; Bachelor degree seeking students may enroll in a leadership class taught in their bachelor program
- Become certified in the GOMABCD/7 Step Process
- Understand networking on the green
- Conduct leadership administrative interviews
- Present on leadership
- Serve on a college wide committee
- Travel to Tallahassee to shadow Florida legislators and view the legislative process
- Attend monthly Competitive Edge meetings
- Represent the College at other events
What You Will Get
- $1,150 scholarship ($575 per term)
- An insider’s perspective on leadership and organizational dynamics via The Ellison Model.
- The chance to travel, network with senior college administrators and state legislators.
Apply before July 1, 2013!