Thank you for your interest in Broward College’s Internship Program. Your participation helps shape the career development of our students and serves as an essential function of South Florida’s local workforce development efforts.
Broward College defines an internship as any short-term, faculty-led, supervised work experience specifically related to a student’s declared major, for which a student earns academic credits. The internship should provide the student with a meaningful experience directly related to specific learning outcomes in his/her course of study. The Faculty Internship Advisor ultimately approves the suitability of the internship for course credit. Review the Internship EDGE Employer Guide
to learn more about the program.
Employers should post internship opportunities 60 days prior to internship course registration deadline:
||November 1st |
Note: Students are required to complete 144 working hours per term for a (3) credit course.
Benefits of Internship to Employers
- Aid in the professional development of South Florida’s future employees
- Directly impact an intern’s career goals and educational progress
- An intern can provide you with creative, diverse ideas and fresh perspective
- Strengthen the bond between education and industry
- Helps to identify potential future hires
- Fulfill a civic and professional responsibility by providing students with real work experience
- Build relationships with local colleges
How Does an Employer Participate in the Broward College Internship Program?
- Register at Broward College online job board
- Once your organization has been approved you will have access to post your internship opportunity.
- Click the “internship” option in the “Type of Job” area.
- Upload a detailed internship job description
- Proceed with normal hiring practices
- Present an offer letter intern with detailed internship job duties on company letterhead to the BC student
- Once a Broward College student is chosen to work with your company/institution as an intern the workplace site supervisor is responsible for the following:
- Sign the Broward College Internship Agreement
- Review, discuss and sign off on the student’s measureable learning objectives
- Develop a work schedule that does not interfere with student’s college coursework
- Provide work duties/assignment/tasks relevant to the student’s learning objectives
- Serves as mentor and advises student
- Notify Internship Faculty Advisor of any change in the student’s employment status
- Review and sign off on the student’s Internship Log
- Complete the Employer Internship Evaluation at the conclusion of the internship
- Discuss the student’s progress with the Faculty Internship Advisor