The purpose of the Internship Faculty Advisor’s role is to guide students through a meaningful internship experience directly related to their course of study. Full time faculty credentialed to teach in a discipline aligned with internship course are eligible to participate. Internship Faculty Advisors are allowed to guide a maximum of eight students per term.
Faculty Internship Advisor's Responsibilities:
- Meet with student to develop measureable learning outcomes, mid-term and end-of-term projects, and review internship course book.
- Sign Broward College internship agreement.
- Send request to Director of Academic Affairs to register student for internship course.
- Arrange a consultation with workplace site supervisor to discuss internship assignments and expectations.
- Visit employer work site at least once to ensure student is working and learning in a safe, professional work environment.
- Meet with student throughout internship to discuss assignments, evaluate student job performance and overall internship experience as it relates to the pre-determined learning objectives.
- Ensure student completes entire course book and assignments.
- Assign and submit student grades.
- Submit final internship paperwork to Director for Academic Affairs.
How to Apply
Full-time faculty interested in becoming a Faculty Internship Advisor should fill out the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.