Are you interested in taking a few classes at BC? Be our guest and join us as a transient student for one or two semesters to get ahead.

Who are transient students?

  • University students seeking to take classes to satisfy graduation requirements
  • Students seeking to take personal interest classes for credit or non-credit
  • Students seeking to earn a certificate for special skills or occupations
  • Students who require pre-requisite classes for a program or graduate school preparation

If you are currently enrolled at another Postsecondary institution and have permission from that institution to take one or more classes at Broward College, and are not seeking to transfer or obtain a degree or certificate from BC, you are considered a non-degree seeking student or transient student.

Follow the steps below to get started

Florida Public College and University Students

A quick tip: Remember to record/save your login information as you will need it to register for classes.

  • Apply through Florida Shines

Out of State or in-state Private School

Please note that some BC courses may have prerequisites or co-requisites, including labs.

As a transient student, you accept full responsibility for possessing or acquiring, at the time of enrollment, the knowledge and/or skills that these pre-and co-requisites provide.

Transient students are responsible for requesting that an official transcript be sent to their home institution after completion of coursework at BC. There will be a fee assessed for that transcript.

Why BC?

Our faculty are passionate, dedicated, and committed to your success. Experience smaller class sizes and instructors who get to know and directly support you

Among the lowest tuition in South Florida, offering the same education as a state university, at approximately half the cost

Choose remote classroom courses or fully online courses to match your learning style

Have Questions?