Foreign University Transcripts

Students who have previously attended another post-secondary institution, including colleges or universities outside the United States, are considered transfer students. Transfer students who have fewer than 24 transferable credits at the college level must submit official high school documents.*

Transfer students must provide official transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities. Transcripts in languages other than English must be translated by an American Translators Association (ATA) certified English translator. Prior to the student's term of enrollment, official transcripts are to be submitted by following the instructions on the Registrar’s Office webpage under the Send Transcripts to Broward College tab.

Students applying for a bachelor’s degree, or who wish to get transfer credit for past coursework from a university outside the United States, must provide a commercial evaluation by a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).

The evaluation must include the following:
  1. Course-by-course
  2. Upper-level courses identified, and
  3. Grades and credits/hours of instruction
  4. If the student wishes to pursue a bachelor's degree, the GPA will be needed for program admission.
The student is responsible for evaluation fees and there is no guarantee that coursework will transfer.

Electronic commercial evaluations and translations are currently accepted by the following NACES & ATA members:
PLEASE NOTE: International students who choose to opt out of the commercial evaluation will not be reimbursed for any courses taken at Broward College that are equivalent to courses taken at a previous university. The foreign academic transcripts and the English translation from a certified ATA English translator, if applicable, are still required during the application process. Even if the student chooses to opt out of the commercial evaluation.

Students who have completed Advanced Level (A-Level) or Advanced Subsidiary Level (AS Level) from the British system (General Certificate of Education - GCE) are not required to provide a commercial evaluation. The evaluation will be completed by the College's Evaluations Department.

Students who have completed the Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) and who want consideration of prior coursework for credit and course equivalency are required to provide a commercial evaluation.

Exceptions to the General Rule for Equivalency
Since the initial implementation of the State Course Numbering System (SCNS), specific disciplines or types of courses have been exempted from the guarantee of transfer for equivalent courses. These include courses that must be evaluated individually or courses in which the student must be evaluated for mastery of skill and technique. Transferability is at the discretion of the receiving institution.

*High School Documents
Students will not be accepted without providing appropriate high school documents, unless they submit a U.S. postsecondary transcript from a regionally accredited U.S. institution showing completion of an associate, bachelor’s or graduate degree or a NACES evaluation of a foreign transcript showing the equivalent of a U.S. regionally accredited bachelor’s or graduate degree.

If we are unable to verify the high school credential, we will require a commercial NACES evaluation of the high school documents. There is no guarantee that a commercial evaluation will be accepted as proof of an equivalent standard high school graduation in the United States.

Request More Information

Visit one of our offices or request info online.

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.