Find Success with a Peer Advocate
An effective way to get through college if you have struggled with school in the past is to align yourself with a current Broward College student who knows the college. A Peer Advocate can help you unleash your full potential while you’re enrolled in school.
What is C2C?
Connect 2 Complete is a brand new program at Broward College. Peer Advocates work with C2C students beyond the classroom to:
- Access college resources
- Set educational and career goals
- Connect with BC faculty and staff
- Establish a positive support system
C2C students are required to take a computer literacy course during the second semester that will encourage online study skills and also includes a social justice learning experience.
During the third semester, students take a math course with service learning and study group components, along with a time management workshop.
Who can Participate?
- Brand new to Broward College
- Looking for a positive influence
- In need of personalized guidance
- Interested in developing campus connections
Why Should I Get a Peer Advocate?
Peer Advocates are there to offer the support and encouragement that that will help you achieve success in college. They have met their own goals as Broward College students and are genuinely interested in helping you meet yours. If you need a confidence-booster or one-on-one assistance with any aspect of Broward College, a Peer Advocate is your best resource.
How Will a Peer Advocate Benefit Me?
Peer Advocates add to the learning experience by helping you:
- Register for classes online
- Set academic and career goals
- Navigate Broward College’s website
- Improve the way you communicate in the classroom
- Connect to more Broward College students and staff
- Make wise choices that will lead you towards success
- Find campus support services and additional resources
- Find information on important college policies and dates
- Assist with online learning.
To participate as a Peer Advocate you must have:
- Full-time status
- Completed a minimum of 12 college credits
- A minimum GPA of 2.75
- Letter of recommendation
- Completion of application, contract and training
What do I Get as a Peer Advocate?
- Lead Peer Advocates are work study students
- Non-lead Peer Advocates are eligible for up to $650 in scholarships funds
How can I Get Started?
To become either a C2C student or a Peer Advocate, contact:
Student Success Coordinator – South Campus
Student Success Coordinator – Central Campus
Alicia Smith Wroble
Student Success Coordinator – North Campus