English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program is an ideal option for degree-seeking students. The program offers English language courses that are designed to prepare non-native speakers for a degree program at Broward College. The EAP program consists of fourteen courses in three main skill-areas: Grammar & Writing, Listening & Speaking, and Reading & Vocabulary.
EAP courses offer developmental credits (and in some cases elective credits) under a structured academic program geared towards preparing students for a degree. Since the EAP program focuses on developing academic-level proficiency, prospective students should have at least some basic understanding of English prior to enrolling in courses.EAP Course Sequence
In this program you will:
- Develop the academic language skills needed to succeed at the U.S. degree or post graduate level.
- Enhance academic reading, writing, grammar, listening, speaking, and vocabulary skills, and strategies necessary for success in college and university coursework.
- Write and read a variety of scholarly materials and learn how to increase your ability to analyze and manage those materials.
- Become accustomed to a U.S. academic environment, with the goal of transitioning into specific career goals.
- Improve oral communication skills needed to communicate effectively with classmates and professional contacts in group discussions and oral presentations.
- Pronounce standard American English for both production and comprehension purposes.
Steps to enroll:
- Visit the Broward College website www.broward.edu
- Complete an online application for admission.
- Submit official high school diploma and transcripts from colleges attended beyond high school
- Pay application fee $35 (for U.S. citizens and permanent resident aliens).
- Complete and submit the following documentation to the Admissions Office at any campus or Center. A completed Residency Affidavit and minimum of two proofs of Florida residency, the supporting documentation determined by the Florida Legislature.
- Sign up and take the Levels of English Proficiency Test (LOEP) for placement.
- Apply for financial aid Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)—use school code 001500.
- Contact us - North Campus: 954-201-2321, Central Campus: 954-201-6427, Downtown Center: 954-201-7671, South Campus: 954-201-8259 or email: BCEssentials@broward.edu. For international student admissions: 954-201-7468 or email email@example.com