Create a Path to Your Future that Builds the Nation's Future
Explore the Florida TRADE grant at Broward College
South Florida is home to 100s
of manufacturers and 1,000s
of manufacturing jobs — jobs that need advanced knowledge and technical expertise. Don't think assembly line, think fabrication, robotics, computers — high-demand manufacturing jobs such as welders, machinists and technicians in various high-tech manufacturing sectors.
Whether you have little experience and need training at a beginner’s level; have technical military occupational experience, but want to increase your education; or want to add to your current credentials and become specialized in a particular area, there is an educational pathway appropriate for you.
Is Florida TRADE for Me?
Broward College is part of Florida TRADE (Transforming Resources for Accelerated Degrees and Employment) — a statewide, 12-college, $15 million initiative funded by the U.S. Department of Labor to develop and deliver technical training programs to individuals who may be:
unemployed or displaced workers looking for a new career path
- employed workers seeking to refresh or upgrade skills for high-tech job opportunities
- veterans looking to transition from the military to a growing career
- current workers looking at risk for job loss due to foreign trade
OPERATION RE-TOOL is an accelerated for-credit technical certificate program offered in conjunction with Florida TRADE to get you into the workplace in three months! Successful completers who are also enrolled in Florida TRADE will earn:
- Engineering Technology Support Specialist Technical Certificate
- 18 credits toward Engineering Technology A.S. Degree
- Nationally Recognized Industry Certification - Manufacturing Skill Standards Council Certified Production Technician (MSSC CPT)
- OSHA 30 - General Industry Official Department of Labor Card and Certificate of Completion
OPERATION RE-TOOL Classes will:
- Start January 13, 2014 and end on March 26, 2014
- Be offered sequentially and take about a week and half to complete.
- Meet daily Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 2:30 pm (half hour for lunch) in a face-to-face classroom setting at Broward College's North Campus located in Coconut Creek.
- Be tested for course content and MSSC knowledge at the completion of each course.
Earn Industry Recognized Credentials
Path to a Higher Education
For those that complete their MSSC CPT certification, all coursework earns college credit at Broward College and other community and state colleges when pursuing an A.S. degree in Engineering Technology
Florida TRADE Services
Broward College and the Florida TRADE Consortium colleges
are able to offer a variety of training options and services to eligible* grant participants as detailed below:
- MSSC CPT, OSHA 30 General Industry, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and more!
- 3-6 month Accelerated Courses
- Universal Online Training
- MSSC CPT Testing
- Job Readiness Services
- Job Placement Assistance
* Eligibility requirements apply and each program participant will be assessed to determine their current skill level, educational goals and best career and educational pathway. Please note that manufacturers may require drug and criminal background checks as conditions of employment.
Due to the federal grant behind this project, the training is provided at a reduced cost for qualified applicants. Job readiness and job placement assistance is also available.
Sign Me Up
Are you ready to get started? Broward College’s contact for Florida TRADE is Robin Swanson, who is based at our North Campus. She can be reached at 954-201-2623
or at email@example.com.
Manufacturing touches every element of modern life. Be part of the manufacturing talent pipeline here in Broward County and across Florida. Create a path to your future that builds the nation's future.
Contact us to find out more about:
- Customized training options for your employees
- Share your expertise and knowledge with us to build better training programs.
- Offer input into the curricula developed, aligning it to industry needs
- Let us help you find qualified applicants
Partner with Broward College and Florida TRADE to develop a manufacturing talent pipeline. Contact Robin Swanson at 954-201-2623
or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This web site was funded in whole/or in part by a $15,000,000 TAACCCT grant awarded by the U.S Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The site was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This solution is copyrighted by the institution that created it. Internal use, by an organization and/or personal use by an individual for non-commercial purposes, is permissible. All other uses require the prior authorization of the copyright owner.