Broward College is pleased to announce 11 bachelor’s degree programs that meet Governor Rick Scott’s $10,000 degree challenge to the Florida College System – to provide a four year bachelor’s degree to students for no more than $10,000.*,**
Beginning in fall 2015 (term 20161) students may start tracking their progress toward a 10K bachelor’s degree using the program sheets provided below.
- Be full time and successfully complete at least 30 credit hours per academic year (an academic year consists of consecutive fall, spring, and summer terms; summer term is optional).
- Be continuously enrolled in an associate’s and bachelor’s degree program at Broward College. Students must complete their associate's degree within two years and immediately matriculate into an eligible bachelor's program. Students may not sit out more than one major term (fall or spring). Although it is discouraged to sit out a major term, students may take courses during the summer term to make up for missing a major term. This will ensure the successful completion of at least 30 credits per academic year.
- Maintain Florida residency or equivalent while enrolled (includes any student receiving a waiver for in-state tuition).
- Maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA each term enrolled in the associate’s and bachelor’s program.
- Not have more than 15 accelerated or transfer credits prior to enrollment in an associate’s degree program (except for the BS in Environmental Science: Biosecurity, where students may not have more than 8 accelerated or transfer credits and the BS in Environmental Science: Physical Science, where students may not have more than 11 accelerated or transfer credits).