Broward College is pleased to announce 11 bachelor’s degree programs that meet Governor Rick Scott’s $10,000 degree challenge to the Florida College System – to provide a four year bachelor’s degree to students for no more than $10,000.*,**
Beginning in fall 2015 (term 20161) students may start tracking their progress toward a 10K bachelor’s degree using the program sheets provided below.
- Be full time and successfully complete at least 30 credit hours per academic year (summer term is optional).
- Be continuously enrolled in an associate’s and bachelor’s degree program; students may not sit out more than one major term (fall or spring). Although it is discouraged to sit out a major term, students must take courses during the summer term to make up for missing a major term. This will ensure the successful completion of at least 30 credits per academic year.
- Maintain Florida residency or equivalent while enrolled (includes any student receiving a waiver for in-state tuition).
- Maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA each term enrolled in the associate’s and bachelor’s program.
- Not have more than 15 accelerated or transfer credits prior to enrollment in an associate’s degree program (except for the BS in Environmental Science: Biosecurity, where students may not have more than 8 accelerated or transfer credits and the BS in Environmental Science: Physical Science, where students may not have more than 11 accelerated or transfer credits).