RN-BSN Program Curriculum
Bachelor of Science in Nursing – N100 (RN-BSN Program)
Career Pathway: Health Sciences
Location(s): General education courses are offered at all BC locations. Program specific courses are available at the Miramar Town Center.
Program Entrance Requirements: This is a limited access program. Applicants must possess an Associate Degree or higher from an accredited institution recognized by Broward College. Applicants must also possess an unrestricted and unencumbered active license as a registered nurse in the State of Florida.
Eligible applicants must:
- Apply and be accepted by Broward College as a degree-seeking student (at www.broward.edu/future). The program’s objective code is (N100).
- Submit a supplemental application to the RN-BSN Program by the deadline (at: RN-BSN Supplemental Application). There are three entry periods per year: Summer, Fall and Spring.
- Possess an unrestricted and unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the State of Florida.
- Possess an Associate or higher degree from an accredited institution recognized by Broward College
- Possess a 2.5 Cumulative Grade Point Average
- Successfully complete required health forms
- Successfully complete a level 2 background investigation and drug screening (fee required)
- Successfully complete 36 General Education required credits with a grade of “C” or better.
- Ability to meet the Performance Standards for the RN-BSN Program.
- Please click here for admission information.
- Program Description: Consistent with the mission of the College and building on the mission of the Associate of Science in Nursing program, the faculty of Broward College’s RN-BSN Program are committed to achieving student success by preparing baccalaureate nurse generalists for the role of provider of direct and indirect care, designer, manager and coordinator of that care, and a member of the nursing Profession (CCNE 2008).
- The RN-BSN Program is offered as a blended (face to face combined with online) and online format. This one hundred twenty-three (123) credit hour program incorporates the Associate of Arts (AA) and the Associate of Science (AS) lower division coursework as the foundation of the baccalaureate program. The upper division nursing coursework is designed to prepare professional nurses to use the latest technology, knowledge, abilities and skills to be effective in the current interdisciplinary setting and to prepare creative leaders for the promotion of quality health care in the complex, dynamic global health care environment.
- The RN-BSN Program at Broward College is approved by the Florida Department of Education, the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS-COC), and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). At the successful completion of the Program the baccalaureate trained Registered Nurse is eligible for application to Master Degree Nursing Programs and is an excellent candidate for management and educational positions in multiple areas of nursing.
- Additional Program Information: The RN-BSN Program may be completed in three semesters by the full-time student. The part time program is four semesters. The student must have internet access and the capability to perform basic computer skills as demonstrated by examination or completion of the Computer and Internet Literacy course (CGS1060C) with a grade of “C” or better.
- It is strongly suggested that all students complete all outstanding general education level courses before beginning the upper BSN nursing courses. There are three Individual Education Plan (IEP) meetings required for the student with the Student Success Coach.