Nuclear Medicine Technology
Learn to Perform Nuclear Medicine Procedures Nuclear medicine is a unique branch of radiology as it provides information about the structure and function of nearly every vital organ system in our bodies. Nuclear medicine technologists work directly with patients and physicians in a health care setting. Their responsibilities include:
- Operating scintillation detectors
- Preparing and calculating dosages
- Administering radionuclides which are used for the singular purpose of diagnosing and treating diseases
There is minimal radiation exposure to both the technologist and the patient when performing nuclear medicine procedures. Broward College offers both an Associate’s Degree in Nuclear Medicine Technology and a Nuclear Medicine Specialist Technical Certificate.
Apply now to get your future started as a nuclear medicine tech.
Learn about a career as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist.
- Fall Sessions:
- October 6th 11AM to 12PM
- November 3rd 11AM to 12PM
- Spring Sessions:
- January 12th 11AM to 12PM
- February 2nd 11AM to 12PM
- March 2nd 11AM to 12PM
- April 6th 11AM to 12PM
Location: North Campus, Bldg 41, Rm 151