AS in Radiation Therapy
August 2018 Application Criteria:
There are no courses required prior to applying. However, points will be awarded in several categories including completion of general education courses.
Courses must be completed prior to the application deadline in order to receive points.
January 15 - March 30, 2018
Admission Selection Criteria:
Selection is based on the candidate having the highest points earned in completion of General Education Courses with a grade of "C" or above. Points will be awarded for completion of the general education courses below:
- 4 POINTS - BSC2085 Anatomy & Physiology I
- 4 POINTS - BSC2085L Anatomy & Physiology I Lab
- 4 POINTS - ENC1101 English Composition I
- 4 POINTS - General Education Math Course (MAC1105, MGF1106, OR STA2023)
- 4 POINTS- CHM 1032 Chemistry for the Health Sciences
- 2 POINTS- BSC2086 Anatomy & Physiology II
- 2 POINTS- BSC2086L Anatomy & Physiology II Lab
- 2 POINTS- Humanities Elective
- 2 POINTS- Social/Behavioral Science Elective
- 2 POINTS- SPC1608 (Public Speaking) or SPC1024 (Intro to Speech)
Points for Grade Achieved in General Education Courses listed above:
A = 8 points
B = 4 points
C = 1 point
Below C = No points
- 5 points will be awarded to US Armed Forces active duty and honorably discharged veterans.
In the event of a point tie, students who have completed HSC1531 (Medical Terminology) and/or CGS 1060C (Computer and Internet Literacy), with a grade of "C" or better, will be awarded the following points:
HSC 1531 2 Points
CGS1060C 1 Point
Overall GPA will be used to rank students in the event of an equivalent point tie when all possible points are awarded.
Courses in progress after the application deadline will not be awarded points.
***All applications will be reviewed based on published admissions selection criteria and not in the order in which they were received by the Health Science Admissions office.**
Certificate in Radiation Therapy
May 2018 Application Criteria:
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements for admission to Health Science Programs.
- Have completed a Radiography program and be certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Must have an Associate Science Degree or higher.
Application Period: September 11, 2017 - January 8, 2018
Admission Selection Criteria:
Selection for admission will be based on a point system. Points will be awarded for the following:
1 point - ARRT in Computed Tomography
1 point - ARRT in Nuclear Medicine
1point- ARRT in Magnetic Resonance Imaging
1 point- ARRT in Mammography
1 point – Ultrasound Technologist
5 points will be awarded to US Armed Forces active duty and honorably discharged veterans.
In the case of a tie, selection will be based on ARRT registry scores, where the highest scores will be considered first.
***All applications will be reviewed based on published admissions selection criteria and not in the order in which they were received by the Health Science Admissions office.***
Additional programmatic admissions criteria can be reviewed at the
Health Science Admissions