The following items are prohibited while taking a test administered by the Testing Center at Broward College (BC) and by BC students taking tests at other institutions. In addition to the following items, the College reserves the right to exclude other items as appropriate. These are the minimum standards that BC adheres to for test security purposes. Additional standards may apply depending on test vendor/sponsor.
- Books, dictionaries, and notes/papers of any kind, unless previously authorized
- Language translators and spell checkers
- Calculators, unless previously authorized
- Watches and timers of any kind
- Mechanical pencils, mechanical erasers and erasers with sleeves
- Highlighters, ink pens, felt-tip markers, colored pens or pencils, and correction fluid/tape
- Earplugs, ear muffs, and headphones of any kind
- Hats and other head coverings, except those for religious purposes (must match acceptable ID used)
- Sunglasses and any reading/sunglass cases and sleeves
- Listening devices (including Bluetooth)
- Cellular phones and paging devices (beepers)
- Electronic tablets and personal computers
- Recording or photographic devices and other aids
- Any electronic device not listed above must be shown to the proctor and will be subject to inspection and approval
- Tobacco or tobacco products (in any form), alcoholic beverages, illicit drugs, and any other substance, including e-cigarette devices and paraphernalia of any kind as per College Policy 6Hx2-7.21 – Broward College is a Tobacco Free
- Firearms and weapons of any kind, as per State and College Policy 6Hx2-5.38
- All beverages (including water bottles)
- Briefcases, purses, handbags, backpacks, and bags of any kind
The use of any medical device, such as an asthma inhaler or insulin pump, within the examination room will be inspected by the testing center staff prior to entering the testing room.
Any item not allowed in the testing room must be stored inside a locker, or kept in a designated area until the end of the testing session. Weapons cannot be stored inside a testing locker.
The Testing Center is not responsible for items left in a testing locker.
Approved by the BC Testing Council - 10/10/2017