Your Vision, Our Execution, Always Excellence!
JS-1 Construction Co provides construction/project management, general contracting and
support services to developers, institutions, government agencies, universities, investors,
contractors and corporations. Our record of quality can be witnessed on projects ranging from
$12K to $380M. We have a Pro-active and Resourceful approach to every project we touch;
striving to always be Part of the Solution.
JS-1 Construction Co has gained a reputation for honesty and reliability in an industry fraught
with unscrupulous contractors. With more than 25 years of industry experience between them,
the Principals of JS-1 Construction are dedicated to quality control, cost containment, and proven
results. Projects are on time and within budget.
Jane Snell-Simpson is the President and Co-Founder of JS-1 Construction Co dba ASAP
Shutter. With over 18 years of experience in construction management, Jane Snell-Simpson
leads the company with a strong work ethic and a commitment to getting the job done on
time and within budget. She worked for other businesses after earning her bachelor's degree in
Construction Engineering from Florida A&M University. She held management positions with
Qwest Communications and Adelphia Communications building their fiber-optic network. She
managed projects for Orange County Public Schools, Universal Studios, and Renaissance St.
Louis Grand & Suites Hotel. Additionally, she headed the Land Development team for a luxury
builder in Florida. Jane has the following Florida state licenses: Certified General Contractor,
Certified Underground & Excavation Contractor, Real Estate Sales Associate.
Jane is heavily involved in the Universal Design/Aging In Place niche market and over the past
few years has provided thousands of consumers and organizations with insight into the
importance of constructing for peace of mind. JS-1 Construction transforms your environment
into “safety” without sacrificing elegance, beauty, or function. Your design choices affect your
moods and perceptions and the end result does not need to look institutional or mechanical.
• 2003: JS-1 Construction was incorporated
• 2005: dba ASAP Shutter was created to market manufacturing division of hurricane shutters
• 2007: MBE Certification by NMSDC (National Minority Supplier Development Council)
• 2009: Signed contract with Hunt Construction for several contracts at The Amway Center
(Orlando Magic Arena)
• DBE (Disadvantage Business Enterprise) Certification from FDOT
• 2012: WOSB Certification from Federal SBA (Woman-Owned Small Business)
• State of Florida Minority/Woman Business Certification
• Broward County Transit Bus Shelters (multiple locations)
• Decorative Street Post for City of Fort Lauderdale (multiple locations)
• Playground Equipment at Delevoe Memorial Park, Broward County
• Bathroom accessories at Bank Atlantic Center- Club Red
• Outdoor Soccer Rink for City of Margate
• City of West Park Welcome Signage & Landscaping
• Multiple Property renovations for Neighborhood Renaissance Inc, Palm Beach County
• Multiple Property renovations for Broward Alliance Neighborhood Development (BAND)
• Building Maintenance, Installation and Repair Services
• Construction Services (General, Heavy, New)