The evening is presented by SunTrust Bank, in partnership with Broward Center for the Performing Arts
WHO/WHAT: Angela Duckworth
• Duckworth, well known for her position on grit, has reached more than seven million viewers through her widely popular TED Talks and her New York Times bestselling book, “Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance.”
• She is currently a professor of psychology at University of Pennsylvania and a co-founder of the Character Lab.
• Duckworth was awarded the 2013 Genius Grant for her expertise in non-IQ competencies such as grit and self-control and has been profiled in The New York Times Magazine, Psychology Today and National Geographic.
• She has presented her work on grit to the White House, the World Bank, NBA and NFL teams, and Fortune 500 CEOs.
TOPIC: “True Grit: The Science of Success. Who succeeds in life?”
• Duckworth will give a lively presentation of her research into the character qualities that are the strongest predictors of a person’s future success: grit, self-control and perseverance.
• The talk will be followed by a Q&A session, with questions submitted by audience members.
• Angela Duckworth is the last of three distinguished speakers to share their exciting experiences, insights, points of view and behind-the-scenes stories on some of the most current topics of the day as part of the Broward College Speaker Series.
WHEN: Wednesday, April 5, 2017
WHERE: Amaturo Theatre – Broward Center for the Performing Arts
201 SW 5th Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL
TICKETS: Individual tickets are $60 and can be purchased at www.BrowardCollegeSpeakerSeries.com.
About Broward College:
Serving more than 63,000 students annually, Broward College offers certificate programs, two-year university-transfer degrees, two-year career degrees and baccalaureate degrees in selected programs. The mission of the college is to provide high-quality educational programs and services that are affordable and accessible to a diverse community of learners. For more information, visit www.broward.edu.
# # #