Child Care at Broward College Broward College has offered child care services for more than a decade at three conveniently located centers on each of its campus locations. These centers have the capacity to serve 285 children of students with high-quality educational programming for children and student parents. Children served in the centers range from toddlers to 4 years of age.
The centers are conveniently located on the North, South and Central Campus and are open Monday - Friday from 7 AM – 6 PM. Broward College students and faculty have priority enrollment at the facilities located on campus. Should Broward College fill all seats with its students, there are no seats available for faculty, staff or the community.
Student Eligibility for Child Care Scholarships
These services are available for students who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Demonstrate financial need determined by the household income provided on your FAFSA.
- Maintain enrollment in a degree-seeking program day, evening, full- or part-time.
- Combined enrollment and work up to a minimum of 30 hours per week.
- Remain eligible for Federal financial need-based aid.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress of 2.0 or higher semester, program and cumulative GPA.
- Demonstrate need by Federal Pell Grant eligibility each academic year.
- The scholarship pays the difference between the week rate and the $90 required co-pay.
- Students are allowed no more than 6 semesters of childcare subsidy.
- The scholarship will subsidize 17 weeks for the Fall semester and 16 weeks for the Winter semester. While child care may be available for the summer term, there is no summer scholarship. Parents are responsible for the full cost of summer child care, if they choose to use the child care center during summer.
- The scholarship is available to subsidize the cost of child care for one child per student. The student is responsible for the full cost of additional children in the child care center.
- The maximum scholarship for an academic year is $2,970.
Child Care Costs
Check with the child care centers on campus to get information about the weekly rates and another other related costs to use the child care centers.
Scholarship Applications are now being accepted for the fall 2012-13 school year. College enrollment each semester is required. Please visit a Child Care center to obtain an application. Child care scholarship applications are processed by the Broward College financial aid office.
Broward College reserves the right to change its child care eligibility requirements and determine the amount of subsidized costs annually.