Admission to Broward College does not guarantee admission into the health science programs.
The Health Science programs at Broward College have additional admission requirements. These programs include:
The following information explains the required two-step process of admission into the programs:
Step I - Apply to Broward College
- Complete the International student admission requirements to Broward College.
- Once admitted to the college, complete pre-requisite courses required for admission into the specific health science program.
Step II - Apply to the Health Science program
Limited access - facts and requirements
- Because of a limited number of clinical spaces and the student demand, date certain application periods are advertised to avoid wait lists. Application deadlines are published on the Web at www.broward.edu/academics/programs/healthscience/.
- Immigration regulations: Students are given two-and-a-half years on the I-20 to complete a two-year degree program. Some students who have limited English proficiency or who require additional pre-college level courses may need more than two years to become eligible to apply to the desired Health Science program. This may require an extension of the I-20 in order to graduate. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) requires students to be enrolled full-time. If there is a wait to be admitted to the health science program, some students may choose to return home and re-enter the U.S. with a new I-20, once admitted to the program. Other students may choose to pursue a second degree program while waiting to be admitted.
- Additional costs for Health Science programs: In addition to non-resident tuition, books and normal living expenses, students in health- related programs are required to purchase uniforms, insurance, medical publications and supplies that can add another $2,000 to $3,000 per year once they are admitted into the program. The intent of this information is not to discourage an individual from enrolling in one of
the Health Science programs. It is to clarify the two-step admission process and to explain how it could impact an international student. If further clarification about the Health Science programs is necessary, contact:
Broward CollegeHealth Science Admissions
225 E. Las Olas Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301, U.S.A.