Educational Opportunity Center
1) Providing counseling to 1,000 participants per year.
2) Promoting post-secondary education in target areas within Broward County.
2) Assisting with the completion of admission applications for postsecondary education institutions
3) Assisting with the completion of financial aid applications
4) Referring participants to online resources to prepare for college entrance, or tutoring services
5) Conducting College/Career Workshops
*The Broward Educational Opportunity Center is 100% funded by the US Department of Education.
The grant award for 2017-2018 is $236,396. Services are free.
1) Identifying 60 participants per year for 5 years at Deerfield Beach, McArthur and South Broward High schools
2) Improving academic performance
3) Improving performance on standardized tests
4) Increasing secondary school retention & graduation
5) Increasing rigor of secondary school program of study
6) Increasing postsecondary enrollment
7) Increasing postsecondary completion
*The Broward College Upward Bound programs are 100% funded by the US Department of Education.
The grant awards for 2017-2018 are $257,500 for each grant. Services are free.