Length of Class
Deadline to drop with 100% refund
8 weeks or longer
During drop/add period
Less than 8 weeks (but more than once)
Prior to the second class meeting
Class meets only once
Prior to the first class meeting
Students are responsible for dropping classes on the web or through a Registration Office within the 100 percent refund period.
Students who paid tuition and fees and then received a financial aid award will be refunded when aid is disbursed.
Students may check their refund status at myBC. To check your status:
· Click on "My Financials,"
· then "Financial History,"
· then "Excess Student Funds"
Payments made by credit card will be refunded to the credit card. Payments made by cash, check , money order or debit card will be refunded by the student's preferred delivery method. Refund options include electronic funds transfer (EFT) into an existing bank account or Prepaid Visa® Card.
Refund Program Frequently Asked Questions
Broward College Electronic Student Refund Program
NO MORE "Where's my check?"
You now have the choice to receive your refunds to an existing bank account via direct deposit, or to a personalized Visa® prepaid debit card issued by Citi®. This great new program is intended to give students faster and more convenient access to their financial aid and tuition refunds.
- A fast and flexible way to receive your funds.
- Make purchases anywhere Visa prepaid debit cards are accepted.
- Withdraw cash fee-free at any Citibank ATM.
- Withdraw cash fee-free at any Allpoint network ATM.
Students who do not select an option will receive paper checks by default, and will wait longer for their refunds. Paper checks are mailed to the last address on record and take 7-10 business days for processing and delivery.
Schedule of Bank Fees
Helpful Tips to Avoid Fees
Why electronic payments?
Electronic payments will give you:
- Flexible, convenient and safe access to your funds
- No more waiting for a check to arrive in the mail
- No more waiting in line at a bank or check-cashing location.
- Purchases anywhere Visa is accepted in store, online or by phone.
- Surcharge-free cash withdrawals at over 170 Citibank® ATMs in Broward County, including 3 on-campus, and Allpoint network ATMs.
- Coverage by Visa's Zero Liability fraud protection* in the event your card is ever lost or stolen.
- Everyone is eligible – a bank account is not required and it does not affect your credit.
Signing up is easy!
- Check your Broward College Email account for an invitation to enroll.
- Click on the link to go to the Citi enrollment website.
- Make your selection – choose either direct deposit or prepaid debit card.
- Please make sure your address is current to avoid delays in delivery of your Broward College prepaid debit card or paper checks. Paper checks take 7-10 business days for mail delivery once funds are received at Citi.
Citi Customer Service
- Citi Customer Service: 1-888-561-1829
- Citi Card lost or stolen Customer Service: 1-877-855-7201
*Visa's Zero Liability policy covers U.S.-issued cards only and does not apply to ATM transactions, PIN transactions not processed by Visa, or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholder must notify issuer promptly of any unauthorized use. For additional details visit www.visa.com/security.
Who to Contact
I would like to avoid lines and waiting on the phone.
You may view your Broward College financial aid and student account information from MyBC at www.broward.edu for additional information.
If you have selected to receive refunds on a Visa® prepaid debit card, you may access your card account information at prepaid.citi.com/Broward
I have questions about the amount of my financial aid.
Contact the Broward College Center for First Impressions at 954-201-7200 or visit the financial aid office on your campus.
I have questions about how my financial aid was applied to my school charges.
Contact Credit and Collections at 954-201-7434 or visit the cashier office on your campus.
I logged into MyBC account and I see a refund amount. I have a question about how and when I will receive the funds.
If your account shows that a refund has posted, or you have questions regarding the use of the Visa Prepaid Debit Card, contact Citi® Prepaid Customer Service at 1-877-855-1829.
Who can I contact if I have enrolled but have not received my card?
If you have not received your card within 5 business days of your enrollment, please contact
The CITI toll-free multilingual Customer Support team at 1-888-561-1829.
I have lost my card, or my card was stolen.
Contact Citi Card lost or stolen Customer Service at 1-877-855-7201.