- Currently enrolled in a degree program at BC.
- Completed 24 college credits.
- Minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Complete mandatory orientation. Orientation dates are posted at www.broward.edu/ccn, the College’s online job board.
Please note: Students pay the standard tuition rate for a (3) credit internship course. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
International Students Participating in PAID Internships (Paid internships are not guaranteed):
International students in F1 visa status are eligible to participate in a paid internship if they meet the following requirements:
- Have one year in valid F1 status.
- Must be in good academic standing.
- The internship is an integral part of the student's degree program.
- Students must be enrolled in the internship class for the term they will be employed.
- Must have been offered a job and have the name and address of the employer.
To apply for the internship approval, please contact the International Student Services Office (ISSO) at (954) 201-7228 or ISSO@broward.edu
to set up an appointment with an International Student Success Coach who will explain the Curricular Practical Training (CPT) process for F-1 students.
Benefits of an Internship:
There are various ways for BC students to participate in an internship. The Internship EDGE Program is a “for credit” internship which is channeled through the Career Centers and the District Academic Affairs department. Other internships are managed through discipline departments. The info-graph below outlines the path you should take in order to participate in an internship.
- Earn (3) academic credit.
- Gain practical experience and job knowledge.
- Explore career opportunities related to your field of study.
- Network and make valuable contacts in your professional field.
Internship EDGE Program