Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT) - The current assessment used to determine your level in reading, writing, and mathematics so that the College can properly place you in the courses you need to succeed.
- Do you want to take classes at Broward College?
- Are you nervous about taking the PERT?
- Do you need to brush up on your reading, writing, and mathematics skills?
If so, Broward College's Continuing Education department can help you. We want you to be successful at Broward College and we know the best way to do that is to help you prepare.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Who should take the PERT Study Skills course?
Anyone interested in attending Broward College for a degree or certificate program.
- How many hours is the PERT Study Skills course?
The PERT Study Skills preparation course is a total of 12 hours. The course is focused on giving you the review you need to perform better on the PERT assessment. We have designed the course to be interactive and engaging.
- How is the PERT measured?
You will receive a scaled score from 50-150.
- How long will it take me to complete the PERT assessment?
There is no time limit to complete the assessment. On average it takes about 30 minutes to complete the writing and mathematics portion of the assessment and one hour to complete the reading portion.
- Is the PERT a paper pencil assessment or a computer-based assessment?
The PERT is a computer adaptive test.
- Can I fail the PERT?
No, this is an assessment to determine where you place for college level courses.
- How many questions are on the PERT?
You will have to answer 30 questions for each area, reading, writing, and mathematics.