What would you like to do?

  • Earn an associate degree
  • Earn an associate degree and remain at Broward College to complete a bachelor's degree
  • Earn an associate degree then transfer to a university

Enhance your experience – ​involvement beyond the classroom is refreshing and a good way to make friends. Opportunities include: clubs, leadership development, recreational activities, performing and cultural arts, athletics, student government, fitness and more.

The choice is yours – we hope you'll chose Broward College.


Students are at the heart of everything we do. Always have been. Always will be.

Programs of Study Student Story Videos


ISSO holds webinars for interested students to learn more about Broward College and how to apply as an F1 visa international student. Hit the Sign Up button below to see a list of, and register for upcoming webinars.

Sign Up

Office Hours

ISSO remains fully operational with regular business hours. Due to COVID-19, some services will be provided remotely.

ON-CAMPUS HOURS: Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

REMOTE HOURS: Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Request Information


ISSO QLESS Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

COVID DISCLAIMER: Broward College is committed to making sure that international students have the classes in the required modalities that will allow them to maintain their F1 status. Students who started their F1 status after March 9, 2020, are required to have at least one class (3 credits) on campus. Students need to be ready and willing to take face-to-face classes at the locations and times they are available.

Application Deadlines

Note: Application must be complete (all documents and required test scores received) by the deadline dates for each term. Applicants requiring an initial Form I-20 to apply for the F1/M1 visa are strongly encouraged to complete the application process at least one month before the deadlines. A student's application is reviewed as soon as it is complete. Applying early will increase the chance of getting an F1/M1 visa appointment at the American embassy/consulate in time to arrive before the start of classes. International Students must start classes in the beginning of each term (Session I).

Application Deadlines
Term Session Application Deadline


Session 1 August - December

July 1


Session 1 January - May

November 15


Session 1 May - August

March 25

Application Steps

Applying to Broward College as an international student is simple. Here you will find an outline of the admissions requirements, documents needed, international student application, and a guide on what to do after you apply.

Online Dynamic Forms are reviewed in the order in which they are submitted. Applications are not complete until all required forms and test scores are received. The estimated review period for completed applications is 5 to 10 business days or 15 days during peak application times. Peak times are two weeks before and two weeks after each deadline. Priority is given to applications for the immediate upcoming term. There may be a processing delay for applications for future terms. Admissible applicants will be notified by email.

Before Applying, read the Information Below:

Associate of Applied Science (AAS) and Certificate programs: These programs require the M-1 vocational student visa, but not all programs/certificates qualify for the M-1 visa. Students interested in an AAS or certificate must contact the International Student Services Office (ISSO) at or 954-201-7228 BEFORE APPLYING.

Associate of Science (A.S.) in Health Science fields: These programs have limited access requiring specific admission criteria. Acceptance to Broward College does not guarantee acceptance to a Health Science program. International students are not eligible to receive an I-20 for a specific A.S. in a Health Sciences field without proof of acceptance from the Health Sciences Department. Students may apply for the Associate of Arts (A.A.) with a transfer major in Health Sciences to be able to take the pre-requisites necessary to apply for an A.S. degree in Health Sciences at a later time. Students who were previously awarded a bachelor's degree are NOT eligible to apply for an A.A. degree. In this case, the student may apply to the A.S. in Health Science Navigator in order to take the pre-requisites necessary to apply to the desired program later.

Programs not available to international students: International F1/M1 students are NOT eligible to enroll in certain programs, including, but not limited to Automotive Service Management Technology, Marine Engineering Management, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Paramedic Technical Certificate, Emergency Medical Services (EMS), Educator Preparation Institute (EPI), Medical Laboratory Technology*, and Culinary Arts Management*.

* Students who have completed the required articulated courses for the Medical Lab Tech or Culinary Arts programs at an authorized technical school may apply to the programs.

Bachelor's degree-seeking students: Must have earned a two-year degree or 60 credits before applying.

Students whose primary language is not English and wish to enroll in a degree program: Must provide proof of English proficiency. Students with a basic level of English proficiency can apply for the Language Training program (English as a Second Language) first. Upon completion of the language program, students can enroll in a college degree program.

Online Application Instructions

  1. CREATE A LOGIN: to be used for the application process. Make sure you have access to the email you provide as a validation code will be emailed to you.
    • Choose Enrollment Intention, Term, and Campus.
      Four options are available to international students:
    • Option 1: To transfer to another college or university (Associate of Arts degree). Designed for students who plan to transfer to a university to complete a Bachelor's degree.
    • Option 2: To earn a two-year degree and enter the workforce with a specific skill set (Associate of Science).
    • Option 3: To earn a Bachelor's degree at Broward College (only for students who already have completed an associate degree or 60 college-level credits).
    • Option 4: To enroll in college credit courses as a non-degree seeking student. Only for students who wish to enter the Language Training program - English as a Second Language (ESL). A basic level of English proficiency is required to enter this program. Students selecting this option will choose ESL under the Program of Study Selection page.
  2. Completing the Address Section:
    • If using an address outside of the United States, only enter the city and country and leave the spaces for state and zip code blank.
  3. Immigration Information:
    • Immigration Status: Select Non-Resident Alien
    • Visa Type: Select F1 Student Visa (leave visa issue and expiration dates blank)
  4. To begin the online application process click on Create a Login
    If you have started an online application but did not submit it go to Complete the Application

Submit the required electronic supporting documents listed below.

International Student Supplemental ApplicationThis online Dynamic Form is used by international student applicants (F1 or M1 visa) to provide the personal information required during the application process to Broward College.

Note for filling out Dynamic Forms: You must create a username and password using your personal email. Your Broward College (BC) email will not be active until after you are enrolled. You can only use the BC username to log in to your student portal (myBC page) at this time.

All documents MUST be attached to your Supplemental Application.

Documents to be attached to the Supplemental Application:

  • PASSPORT (biographical page)
    High School (secondary education): Appropriate proof of high school graduation is required for acceptance. For most countries outside the United States, this is satisfied by attaching a copy of your official high school diploma or leaving the certificate to the Supplemental Application and then bringing the original document to Broward College after arriving in Florida.
    For diplomas or leaving certificates with characters (i.e., Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, and other languages) you must also provide a certified American Translators Association (ATA) English language translation of the document.
    Students with credentials from countries using the British education system must show General Proficiency on the GCE, CXC, BGCSE, WAEC, WASC, or HKCE exams, and should not submit high school transcripts or diplomas.
    For high schools in the United States or overseas high schools that are regionally accredited by a U.S. accrediting body, an official transcript must be sent to the  Registrar's Office.
    University Transcripts (post-secondary education): Students who have attended a post-secondary institution must provide a copy of the official transcript even when courses are in progress. If the document is not in English, the applicant must also provide a certified English translation from a member of the American Translators Association (ATA). A minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or its equivalent is required.
    IMPORTANT: Original documents will be required upon arrival at Broward College. Records from U.S. institutions must be OFFICIAL.
  • DEPENDENT(S) RECORD (if applicable)
    If you are applying for your spouse or children to get an F2 visa, you must attach their passport biographical pages as well.


  • If you are currently in the United States under an F1 visa, you must also attach to your Supplemental Application your current I-20, I-94, or F1 visa (if applicable)
  • If you are an F1 transfer student with dependents, we also need their I-20, I-94, and F2 visas.
  • F1 TRANSFER ELIGIBILITY FORM  Your current Designated School Official (DSO) must complete the Transfer Eligibility form. (Let your DSO know he/she will need to create an account to complete the Dynamic Form.) The form does not guarantee acceptance or transfer. It is used to determine if the student can be transferred to Broward College upon acceptance.

Pay the $75 (USD) non-refundable application fee:

  • Log in to your student account
    Use the password you created when you completed your online application
  • Create password recovery questions, then click on the student portal tile (myBC)
  • Read and complete all the policies before moving to the next step
    Note: if you do not see your information at the top of the page for the 2nd policy on finances, you have been logged out, restart the browser (close and open the browser)
  • Once you get to your myBC homepage, you will see the $75 fee is owed in the top right corner
    click My Financials > Payment, and select your payment option

The term displayed is always for the current term even if you applied for a future term. Don't worry, the application fee is applied to you regardless of the term displayed. This is a one-time, non-refundable fee.

Students from English-speaking countries must take a PERT/ACCUPLACER test unless they have valid SAT or ACT scores or postsecondary transcripts, from the U.S. regionally accredited institutions, that may waive them from testing.

Students from non-English speaking countries must submit a valid TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge, or another valid test on the EAP Placement Test Table.  If you are in South Florida you may be able to take the Levels of English Proficiency ( LOEP) test on a Broward College campus if it is available. Online testing of the LOEP may also be available.

Students from non-English speaking countries with valid college-level SAT or ACT scores in English and Reading, do not need any further testing.

Applicants from Sweden, Norway, and Denmark, showing high school transcripts with the following English grades, are eligible to take the Post-Secondary Education Readiness Test (PERT). However, if the applicant does not place at the college level for reading and English an ELL test that is eligible for placement must be submitted or the applicant must take the LOEP.

  • Sweden - VG (pass with distinction) or higher (1996 - 2012). VG is equivalent to B in the U.S.
  • Sweden - D or higher (as of June 2014). D is equivalent to B in the U.S.
  • Norway - 4 (good competence in the subject) or higher. 4 is equivalent to B in the U.S.
  • Denmark - C (good) or higher. C is equivalent to B in the U.S.

Applicants attending ELS Educational Services, Inc. may present proof of completion of level 109 or higher. The student is required to take the Levels of English Proficiency (LOEP) online for placement before acceptance.

Placement Test Form : Use this online Dynamic form to either attach a placement test (TOELF, IELTS, SAT, ACT, etc.) or to request a Broward College placement test (LOEP, PERT, Accuplacer).

Note for filling out Dynamic Forms:  You must create a username and password using your personal email. Your Broward College (BC) email will not be active until after you are enrolled. You can only use the BC username to log in to your student portal (myBC page) at this time.

Submit the required electronic supporting documents listed below.

Financial Affidavit of Support : This online Dynamic Form is used by international student applicants (F1 or M1 visa) to provide proof of financial support for the duration of their studies at Broward College. Applicants will state if they have a financial sponsor(s) or if they are using personal funds. Applicants who have more than one source of financial sponsorship will need to submit a Financial Affidavit of Support for each sponsor. The sponsor's bank statement or letter MUST be attached to the Financial Affidavit.

Note for sponsors filling out Dynamic Forms: The Financial Affidavit of Support is a Dynamic form. If you are using a sponsor other than yourself, you will need an email for your sponsor that is different from yours. You should inform your sponsor(s) that they will need to create a username and password before being able to complete and electronically sign the form.

Most recent bank letter/statement: The account holder must be the same as the sponsor listed on the financial affidavit. If using a bank statement, you only need to submit the summary page showing the bank name, account holder, date of the statement, available account balance, and currency. If the currency is not shown on the bank statement or letter, ISSO will calculate conversion to USD based on the currency of the country where the bank is located. We do not accept 401K plans or other retirement accounts, life insurance policies, tax return documents, paystubs, or other payroll documents.

  • Estimated Annual Cost of Education:
    • Associate (freshman and sophomore level classes) - $22,500 USD
    • Associate in Science in Professional Pilot Technology - $50,000 USD
    • Bachelor (junior and senior-level classes) - $27,500 USD
    • Language Training program - $22,500 USD
    • $7,000 USD is required per dependent accompanying the F1

Students who start in Summer or Spring will need to expect first-year tuition costs of $15,000 to $20,000. See Estimated Cost of Attendance for additional information.

Fees are subject to change without notice.

Affidavit of Support for Living Expenses - This form is OPTIONAL and used by international student applicants who will be living with a relative or family friend in South Florida. The person signing the form will be responsible for all living expenses (i.e. housing, transportation, food, etc.). When using this form, the sponsor providing the Financial Affidavit of Support can deduct the following amounts from the total funds required: (1) USD $12,500 for the student and (2) USD $7,000 for each dependent, if applicable.

Disclaimer: Students who use the Affidavit of Support for Living Expenses may be required to present Form I-134 (Affidavit of Support) to the embassy when applying for the F-1 student visa. Students must contact the American Embassy, before going for the interview, to make sure he/she is bringing all the necessary financial documents. The I-134 is presented to the embassy, not Broward College.

ISSO will notify accepted applicants by email. The Form I-20 will be processed as follows:

  1. Applying for the F1 student visa in the home country: The student will receive the acceptance letter and I-20 to apply for the student visa at the American Embassy or Consulate. Once the F1 visa is approved, the student may travel to the United States no earlier than thirty (30) days before the program start date as stated on the I-20.
  2. Transferring the I-20: Students transferring their I-20 from another institution to Broward College (BC), must provide the acceptance letter from ISSO to the Designated School Official (DSO) at their current institution. The transfer I-20 will be issued once the student is fully registered for classes at BC and the I-20 has been released to BC.
  3. Changing immigration status in the United States (U.S.): Students intending to change their immigration status in the U.S. should seek legal counsel to understand the process. ISSO will process the I-20 for the change of status (COS) after meeting with the student. COS students are only eligible to register for classes once the F1 status has been approved by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Once students receive the acceptance packet, they must review the entire document to understand their next steps, including but not limited to, paying the SEVIS fee, proving proof of health insurance coverage, registering for classes, etc.

Sevis Fee

The SEVIS fee is required of all foreign nationals who come to the United States for the purpose of pursuing a full course of study in institutions such as colleges, universities and language training programs. It is payable one time for each single educational program in which an F-1 or F-3 student participates, extending from the time the student is granted F-1 or F-3 status to the time the student falls out of status, changes status or departs the U.S. for an extended period of time.

SEVIS fee payments are used by the United States Department of Homeland Security to fund the Student and Exchange Visitor Program. This program makes it possible for international students and exchange visitors to attend schools in the United States. The fee also funds the Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), a computer system employed to track international students and exchange visitors during their stays in the United States.

You will need to pay the SEVIS fee if you were issued an I-20. This fee is separate from and in addition to the visa application fee. The SEVIS fee must be paid by the Internet or by mail. It cannot be paid at a U.S. embassy or consulate and it cannot be paid at the port of entry.

The fee can be paid by one of two means:

  1. Online: Complete a form I-901 through the Internet and use a Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit card at Be sure to write your name exactly as it appears on your I-20 form. Print a copy of the online receipt.
  2. By mail: Submit form I-901 together with a check or money order drawn On a U.S. bank and payable in U.S. currency, made payable to “The Department Of Homeland Security”, to the address listed on form I-901. You can download the form from

Whether you pay by mail or on line, you must bring a copy of the receipt form I-797 with you to the embassy or consulate when you are applying for the student visa.

Estimated Cost of Attendance

Contact Us

Request More Information

Visit one of our offices or request info online!

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.